Friday, August 11, 2017

Kai by Michelle Abbott

Kai
by Michelle Abbott

My rating: 4.5 stars

Publication Date: August 6, 2017
Publisher: Michelle Abbott
Genre: N/A Contemporary Romance
Print Length: 135 pages
Available from: Amazon
 
My name is Kai Okamoto. I deal drugs. Trade escapism for cold, hard cash.
Born to a British mother and a Japanese father, I grew up poor, hungry, and alone. Hiding from the monsters at our door. The debt collectors.

I’ve worked hard to escape my past. I’m not that frightened little boy anymore. I’m wealthy, secure, and sure of myself. At least I was, until I met Lily.

Lily is a good girl. The kind of girl I should stay away from. I should, but I can’t.

I hate lying to her, but if she finds out who I am, what I do. I won’t see her for dust.

A standalone, bad boy romance, set in England.
  

 
Kai by Michelle Abbott

KaiHe is the ultimate bad boy, an anti-hero, but he has a good heart, loves his mother, takes care of her and finds himself falling for a very good girl. Kai was raised in poverty and vowed to make something of himself, to have money, a home and food on the table for both himself and his mother. Too bad he achieved his goals as one of the lowest of the low, a drug dealer. Never mind that he gave good quality drugs for good money or that he never sold to children.

It wasn’t until he met sweet Lily, a young woman struggling to make ends meet, who takes pride in her simple achievements, like paying her bills and living within her means. Lily is down-to-earth with a good head on her shoulders, and has no idea that Kai is lying about who he is and what he does. She just knows that he is exactly what she needs and wants.

KAI by Michelle Abbott does not glorify Kai’s “profession,” it tells a story of two people who meet and fall in love completely. It is a story of mistakes, of lies and of forgiveness, but mostly, it is a story about finding love and finding oneself! Both Kai and Lily are wonderful characters, especially together. There is no over-the-top angst, just a feeling that what they have is right. But can a lasting relationship be built on lies?

Ms. Abbott’s words almost flow across the pages as love grows, and two people find themselves knowing that together, they can have everything they need. A wonderful read that ended far too soon.

I received this copy from Michelle Abbott in exchange for my honest review!

2 comments: