Monday, April 29, 2013

Twisted Perfection by Abbi Glines (Perfection #1)

Twisted Perfection
by Abbi Glines

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Della Sloane has lived a life of isolation. Suffering from severe abuse by her mentally unstable mother, Della is fragile and wounded. When her best friend and rock Braden gets married, Della decides to find herself by taking a road trip and discovering the world on her own. Unsure of even the basic skills, when she goes to pump gas for herself for the very first time she is rescued by an incredibly sensual stranger...which leads to a night a intense passion and a cold bed in the morning.

Wood Kerrington is heir to the family’s ocean front country club. Working for his father, doing his father’s every bidding with hopes to one day advance to VP. When his dad starts holding an arranged marriage over his head something begins to crack. The loveless marriage would give them a business advantage, but Wood dreams of more. Something he saw in his grandfather’s marriage to his grandmother and something he felt with his chance encounter with a girl at the gas station.

A difficult circumstance sends Della back into Wood’s life, now he must decide between the career he always dreamed of or the love he thought he’d never find.

Della is extremely fragile, holding onto her mental well being by the skin of her teeth. It is obvious that she suffers from PTSD. The tragedy in her life revisits her often and curtain phrases or actions make her mentally shut down. Of course, Wood’s manipulating father would have to exploit her disability. I did have a slight problem justifying Della’s blunt sexuality with her na├»ve upbringing/life experiences.

Wood was a sweety in previous installments of the Abbi Glines book series, this Wood of Twisted Perfection was a harder and much cruder. I have to say I liked the other Wood. But of course the sweetness still showed through, how could it not when he says stuff like...
“Until Della walked into my life I didn’t understand the idea of love.”
Well Crap, that made me tear up!

I did love this story. With all Abbi Gline’s writing, the romance is hot, heavy and electrifying. Of course, I must read on to the next Perfection series book. I can’t wait to see what is in store for Woods and Della. I’m also hoping there is more to come of Braden and Kent, friends extraordinaire! I squealed at the cameo appearance of a very pregnant character I’ve come to love.

Twisted Perfection was a fast, fun, fan your face hot read.




No comments:

Post a Comment